4. (Accounting & Book-keeping) the act of recording an item, such as a commercial transaction, in a journal, account, register, etc
7. (Individual Sports, other than specified) the competitors entering a contest considered collectively: a good entry this year for the tốc độ trials.
8. (Education) the people admitted at one time khổng lồ a school, college, or course of study, etc, considered collectively; intake
10. (Law) criminal law the act of unlawfully going onto the premises of another with the intention of committing a crime
11. (Law) property law the act of going upon another person"s land with the intention of asserting the right to possession
12. (Classical Music) any point in a piece of music, esp a fugue, at which a performer commences or resumes playing or singing
13. (Card Games) cards a card that enables one lớn transfer the lead from one"s own hand khổng lồ that of one"s partner or to lớn the dummy hand
a. a word, phrase, abbreviation, etc., defined or explained in a dictionary or encyclopedia or listed for identification.
<1250–1300; Middle English entre(e) entree intrāta, n. Use of feminine of intrātus, past participle of intrāre lớn enter>
Bạn đang xem: Entry
entry - an thành công inserted in a written record
nol pros, nolle prosequi - an entry in the court record lớn the effect that the plaintiff or prosecutor will not proceed
entry - the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward lớn the debut of their new sản phẩm line"
commencement, start, beginning - the act of starting something; "he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
induction - the act of bringing about something (especially at an early time); "the induction of an anesthetic state"
product introduction - the introduction (usually by an advertising campaign) of a new product or sản phẩm line
naturalisation, naturalization - the introduction of animals or plants khổng lồ places where they flourish but are not indigenous
entry - a written record of a commercial transaction
adjusting entry - an accounting entry made at the kết thúc of an accounting period to lớn allocate items between accounting periods
accounting system, method of accounting, accounting - a bookkeeper"s chronological list of related debits & credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
Xem thêm: Cách Thể Hiện Tình Yêu Của Đàn Ông Lớn Tuổi Để Họ Luôn Là Của Mình
|entry - something (manuscripts or architectural plans & models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition); "several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submission of your proposal?"|
filing - the entering of a legal document into the public record; "he filed a complaint"; "he filed his tax return"
entry - something that provides access (to get in or get out); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to lớn the cathedral"
archway, arch - a passageway under a curved masonry construction; "they built a triumphal arch lớn memorialize their victory"
doorway, room access, door, threshold - the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
hatchway, scuttle, opening - an entrance equipped with a hatch; especially a passageway between decks of a ship
portal - a grand & imposing entrance (often extended metaphorically); "the portals of the cathedral"; "the portals of heaven"; "the portals of success"
servant"s entrance, service door, service entrance - an entrance intended for the use of servants or for delivery of goods & removal of refuse
stage door - an entrance to the backstage area of theater; used by performers và other theater personnel
incursion - the act of entering some territory or domain (often in large numbers); "the incursion of television into the American living room"
penetration - the act of entering into or through something; "the penetration of upper management by women"
admission, admittance - the act of admitting someone to lớn enter; "the surgery was performed on his second admission to lớn the clinic"