Bạn đã xem phiên bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và download ngay bạn dạng đầy đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (168.3 KB, 6 trang )
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠOHẢI DƯƠNG
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 trung học phổ thông CHUYÊN NGUYỄN TRÃI
NĂM HỌC 2012-2013
Môn thi: giờ Anh (Chuyên)
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
Ngày thi đôi mươi tháng 6 năm 2012
(Đề thi có: 04 trang)
Thí sinh làm bài vào tờ giấy thi.
Bạn đang xem: Thư viện video
Phần trắc nghiệm: chỉ cần viết cách thực hiện chọn A, B, C, hoặc D.
Phần trường đoản cú luận: Viết khá đầy đủ theo yêu mong của bài.
(Thí sinh khơng được sử dụng bất kể tài liệu gì.)
Choose the word that has a different găng pattern from the others in each group. (5 points)1. A. Original B. Comprehensive C. Complementary D. Illustration
2. A. Electrician B. Japanese C. Possibility D. Comfortable3. A. Category B. Profitable C. Eventually D. Ordinary4. A. Suspicious B. Embroider C. Logical D. Religion5. A. Mausoleum B. Government C. Correspond D. UnpollutedB. GRAMMAR – VOCABULARY – LANGUAGE FUNCTIONS:
I. Choose the option A, B, C or D which best completes or responds khổng lồ each sentence. (20 points)6. He is a specialist ______ modern Vietnamese literature.
A. Of B. At C. For D. In
7. David has not seen Linda for fifteen years and has ______of her address.
A. No idea B. Nothing C. No thought D. No mind8. The population of the world is growing at an alarming ______.
A. Rate B. Measure C. Step D. Cost9. After Freddie ______school, he joined the army.
A. Finishing B. Finishes C. Had finished D. Has finished10. Don"t go too fast! I can"t ______ up with you.
A. Go B. Walk C. Run D. Keep
11. It was unfair of you ______ her for something she didn"t do.
A. So as lớn criticize B. That criticizing C. To criticize D. Criticized12. My father didn"t lượt thích coffee and ______did my mother.
A. None B. Either C. So D. Neither13. He said that he ______ some flowers in the garden at that moment.
A. Is watering B. Would water C. Was watering D. Watered
14. For the last thirty years, space exploration______ great contributions to weather forecasting.
A. Has made B. Makes C. Is making D. Has been made 15. Miss Trang is wearing a ______dress.
A. Beautiful blue new B. New beautiful blue C. Blue beautiful new D. Beautiful new xanh 16. "How about going fishing this Sunday?" - "______ "
A. That"s a good idea. B. Never mind. C. Yes, I am fishing. D. That"s my pleasure.17. He seldom takes part in any of the class activities, ______?
A. Doesn’t he B. Does he C. Is he D. Isn’t he18. If you ______ lớn be a doctor, you have khổng lồ study harder.
A. Want B. Will want C. Wanted D. Would want19. The cupboard in ______ rare books are kept is near the window.
A. Where B. Which C. That D. Whom
20. Huong went on working ______ the noise the children made.
A. Because of B. In spite of C. Because D. Even though21. I wish there ______ no more wars in the world.
A. Are B. Have been C. Will be D. Were22. No sooner ______ arrived trang chủ than it rained heavily.
A. Had he B. Has he been C. He has D. He had23. Give me a ring before nine tomorrow morning, ______ I’ll be too busy to lớn talk khổng lồ you.
A. Unless B. Therefore C. If D. Otherwise24. The soldiers are made ______ ten miles a day.
A. Run B. Khổng lồ run C. Running D. Ran25. All of us are ______ that she has won the first prize in the competition.
A. Amazingly B. Amazed C. Amazing D. AmazementII. Provide the correct form of the words in brackets in the sentences below. (10 points)26. John lost his job because he often behaved (POLITE) towards his customers.
27. A great deal of (SCIENCE) research has been performed in this field.28. Hoang Anh was (COURAGE) to lớn apply for the job.
29. Mr. Long is a very (CONSIDER) person, so we love him very much. 30. He didn’t pass the final examination due lớn his (LAZY).
31. Many rural areas in Viet nam have been (URBAN) in the past few years. 32. Peter fell off the ladder, but his (INJURE) were not very serious.
33. The (RESIDE) in this thành phố are very friendly.
34. Those clothes look smart, but they are very (COMFORT).35. The movie we have just watched is (EXCEPTION) good.
III. Choose the underlined words or phrases in each sentence below that needs correcting. (5 points)36. Ninety percent of the earthquakes occur around the Pacific Rim knows as the “Ring of Fire”. A B C D
37. Walk in the country in the evening is very pleasant at this time of year. A B C D
38. Ha Noi, along with Ha Long và Hue, are among the most popular tourist destinations in Viet Nam.
A B C D
39. It’s high time the government spend more money on education. A B C D
40. Some of the people were standing in the street watched the firework display while others were singing a song.
A B C DC. READING:
I. Read the following passage và decide which option A, B, C, D best fits each space. (10 points) Everyone wants to reduce pollution. But the pollution problem is as complicated _________ (41) it isserious. It is complicated because much _________ (42) is caused by things that benefit people. Forexample, exhaust _________ (43) automobiles causes a large percentage of all air pollution. _________(44) the automobiles provide transportation for millions of people. Factories _________ (45) much of thematerial which pollutes air và water, but factories give employment khổng lồ a large number of people.
Thus, to lớn _________ (46) or greatly reduce pollution immediately, people would have khổng lồ stop usingmany things that benefit them. Most of the people bởi not want to vày that, of course. But pollution can be_________ (47) reduced in several ways. _________ (48) & engineers can work to lớn find ways to lớn lessenthe _________ (49) of pollution that such things as automobiles and factories cause. Governments canpass và enforce laws that require businesses and individuals lớn stop, or cut _________ (50) on certainpolluting activities.
41. A. Since B. Because C. As D. For42. A. Pollution B. Pollutant C. Polluter D. Polluting
43. A. In B. From C. At D. For
45. A. Offer B. Discharge C. Emit D. Dissolve46. A. Increase B. Pause C. Cause D. End
47. A. Increasingly B. Gradually C. Hopelessly D. Dangerously48. A. Scientists B. Doctors C. Lecturers D. Botanists 49. A. Number B. Figures C. Amount D. Numbers
50. A. Down B. Off C. Up D. Into
II. Read the following passage and fill in each numbered blank with ONE suitable word. (10 points)The mạng internet is made _________ (51) of millions of computers linked together around the world in_________ (52) a way that information can be sent from any computer khổng lồ any other 24 hours a day. These___________ (53) can be in homes, schools, universities, government departments, or businesses. TheInternet is often described as a network of networks _________ (54) all the smaller networks oforganizations are linked together into one giant network _________ (55) the Internet. All computers arepretty much equal once connected khổng lồ the Internet, the _________ (56) difference will be the tốc độ of theconnection _________ (57) is dependent on your internet Service Provider and your own modem.
_________ (58) are many things you can do và participate in once connected to the Internet.They include using a range of services _________ (59) communicate and share information & thingsquickly and inexpensively with millions of people, _________ (60) young & old and from diverse culturesaround the world.
III. Read the following passage & choose the correct answer A, B, C, or D. (10 points)
It is often said that books are always a good friend & reading is an active mental process. UnlikeTV, books make you use your brain. By reading, you think more & become smarter. Reading improvesconcentration and focus. Reading books takes brain power. It requires you lớn focus on what you arereading for long periods. Unlike magazines, mạng internet posts or e-emails might contain small pieces ofinformation. Books tell the whole story. Since you must concentrate in order khổng lồ read, you will get better at
concentration. Many studies show if you bởi not use your memory, you đại bại it. Reading helps you stretchyour memory muscles. Reading requires remembering details, facts và figures và in literature, plot lines,themes và characters.
Reading is a good way to improve your vocabulary. Do you remember that when you were atelementary school you learned how khổng lồ infer the meaning of one word by reading the conaryannations88.com of the otherwords in the sentence? While reading books, especially challenging ones, you will find yourself exposed tomany new words.
Reading is a fundamental skill builder. Every good course has a matching book to lớn go with it. Why?Because books help clarify difficult subjects. Books provide information that goes deeper than justclassroom discussions. By reading more books, you become better informed & more of an expert on thetopics you read about. This expertise translates into higher self-esteem. Since you are so well-read,people look khổng lồ you for answers. Your feelings about yourself can only get better.
Books give you knowledge of other cultures and places. The more information you have got, thericher your knowledge is. Books can expand your horizons by letting you see what other cities andcountries have to offer before you visit them.
61. Books have great influence on ________.
A. Muscles B. Brain C. Friendship D. TV62. When you are reading a book, ________.
A. You have to read small pieces of informationB. You have lớn read during a very long timeC. You use your brain in concentration and focus D. You thua your memory
63. A challenging book ________.
A. Helps you to lớn improve your vocabulary B. Is only for primary pupils
C. Can translate all new words D. Contains a lot of difficult vocabulary64. Books ________.
65. According lớn the passage, reading books cannot help you ________.A. Widen your knowledge of other cultures & places.
B. Enrich your vocabularyC. Be self-confidentD. Become a good builderD. WRITING:
I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as thesentence printed before it. (10 points)
66. Someone serviced his oto last week.
→ He __________________________________________________________________________.67. We haven’t seen each other for 5 years.
→ The last time __________________________________________________________________.68. The exercise is so difficult that we can"t vì it.
→ The exercise isn’t ______________________________________________________________.69. I think that no one in my class is more intelligent than Jack.
→ I think Jack ___________________________________________________________________.70. Nga would rather stay at home and watch TV than go lớn the movies.
→ Nga prefers ___________________________________________________________________.II. Use the suggested words and phrases to lớn write complete sentences of a passage. (10 points)71. Jack London / be / famous / American writer.
72. He/ bear / January / 13 / 1876 / San Francisco / California.73. His family / poor / he / have / leave / school / make money.74. He / work / hard / different jobs.
75. Later / he / return / school / he / not / stay / long.
76. 1897 / he / go / Alaska / find / gold / he / find / ideas / books và stories / instead.77. He / come / home / start / write.
78. Writings / be / successful / he / become / rich / famous / twenties.79. Poor health / he / die / 1916 / be / 40.
III. Write a letter to an imaginary friend, Minh Thu, khổng lồ tell her about your neighborhood. (10 points)
Your letter should include the information about:
- Where you live (You are required to lớn use the name: Minh Duc village or Minh Duc town)- What your house looks like
- What you can see from your house- How far it is from your school- How you get lớn school
- What kinds of facilities there are in your neighborhood- What things in your neighborhood you like best. Why
Begin & end your letter as follows:
Dear Minh Thu,
END---Họ với tên thí sinh:……… Số báo danh:……….. Họ và tên, chữ cam kết giám thị 1:………. Họ với tên, chữ ký giám thị 2:……….
ĐỀ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 thpt CHUYÊN NGUYỄN TRÃI
NĂM HỌC 2012-2013
Môn thi: tiếng Anh (Chuyên)
5.0 points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. C 5. B
B. GRAMMAR – VOCABULARY – LANGUAGE FUNCTIONS:
I. đôi mươi points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
6. D 7. A 8. A 9. C 10. D
11. C 12. D 13. C 14. A 15. D
16. A 17. B 18. A 19. B 20. B
21. D 22. A 23. D 24. B 25. B
II. 10 points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
26. Impolitely 27. Scientific 28. Encouraged 29. Considerate 30. Laziness31. Urbanized/
32. Injuries 33. Residents 34. Uncomfortable 35. Exceptionally
III. 5.0 points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
36. D 37. A 38. B 39. C 40. C
I. 10 points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
41. C 42. A 43. B 44. D 45. B
46. D 47. B 48. A 49. C 50. A
II. 10 points: 1.0 point for each correct answer.
51. Up 52. Such 53. Computers 54. Because/since/as 55. Called56. Only/unique 57. Which/that 58. There 59. To/ in order to/
so as to
III. 10 points: 2.0 points for each correct answer.
61. B 62. C 63. A 64. A 65. D
I. 10 points: 2.0 points for each correct sentence. 66. He had/ got his car serviced last week.
69. I think Jack is the most intelligent (student/pupil/boy/person) in my class.70. Nga prefers staying at trang chủ and watching TV khổng lồ going khổng lồ the movies.II. 10 points.
71. Jack London was a famous American writer. (0.5 point)
72. He was born (0.5 point) on January 13, 1876 in San Francisco, California. (0.5 point)
73. His family was very poor, (0.5 point) and/so he had khổng lồ leave school (0.5 point) to make money. (0.5point)
OR: Because his family was very poor, (0.5 point) he had to leave school (0.5 point) to make money. (0.5point)
74. He worked hard in different jobs. (0.5 point)
75. Later, he returned to school (0.5 point) where he didn"t stay long. (0.5 point)OR: Later, he returned khổng lồ school, (0.5 point) but he didn"t stay there long.
Xem thêm: (Review Anime) Yami Shibai Là Gì, Yami Shibai Là Gì, Yami Shibai, Anime Paradise
76. In 1897, he went to Alaska (0.5 point) to lớn find gold, (0.5 point) (but) he found ideas (0.5 point) (there)for his books and stories instead. (0.5 point)
77. He came back home (0.5 point) and started khổng lồ write. (0.5 point)
78. His writings were successful, (0.5 point) and/so he became rich và famous in his twenties. (0.5 point)OR: Because his writings were successful, (0.5 point) he became rich và famous in his twenties. (0.5 point)OR: His writings were so successful (0.5 point) that he became rich & famous in his twenties. (0.5 point)79. In poor health/Because of his poor health (0.5 point), he died in 1916 (0.5 point) when he was onlyforty years old. (0.5 point)
III. 10 points. * Form: 1.0 point- Correct form of a letter* Task fulfillment: 4.0 points
- Complete the task with relevant information.- Well-organized.
* Suggested marking: - Where you live (0.5 point)
- What your house looks like (0.5 point)
- What you can see from your house (0.5 point)- How far it is from your school (0.5 point)- How you get to lớn school (0.5 point)
- What kinds of facilities there are in your neighborhood (0.5 point)- What things in your neighborhood you like best. Why (1.0 point)* Language: 5.0 points
+ Appropriate vocabulary (2.0 points)+ Correct grammar (2.0 points)+ Punctuating/ Spelling (1.0 point)