Can, could, should, must,…Chúng ta đã được học cục bộ lý thuyết về cồn từ khuyết thiếu. Hãy dành thời gian làm các bài tập MODAL VERB để hiểu rõ và nhớ lâu hơn.
Bạn đang xem: Bài tập về modal verb
Cùng ôn tập các lý thuyết cơ bản trước khi tới phần bài xích tập nhé.CAN / CAN’T: việc nào kia có/không thể xẩy ra hoặc người nào đó có/không tài năng làm việc gì.COULD / COULDN’T (quá khứ của CAN): hay được sử dụng với những động từ quan trọng đặc biệt như see, hear, smell, taste, feel, remember, understand.BE ABLE TO: dùng cụ cho CAN / COULD, cần sử dụng khi ý muốn nói bạn nào này đã xoay xở làm được việc gì vào 1 tình huống cụ thể.MUST / MUSTN’T: tin cứng cáp một điều nào đó đúng/không đúng sự thật, nhiều lúc mang nghĩa bắt buộc. MUST nói tới hiện tại và tương lai, còn HAVE TO dùng được trong toàn bộ các thể.MAY / MIGHT: việc nào đó có thể xảy ra (ý nghĩa tương lai).SHOULD / OUGHT TO: cần sử dụng khi mong đưa ra ý kiến, lời khuyên.
Lưu ý:CAN, COULD, WOULD, MAY: được sử dụng trong câu đề nghị, yêu mong cho phép, lời mời (thường là câu hỏi)Các modal verb vẫn được sử dụng trong trường hợp quá khứ: COULD / MUST / MAY / MIGHT / SHOULD + HAVE + quá khứ phân từCòn đa phần khi cần sử dụng thì hiện tại: MODAL VERB + V-bare (động từ nguyên mẫu)
6 bài bác tập modal verb rất cần thiết cho học sinh củng thế kiến thức. Mời những em theo dõi và quan sát và thực hành thực tế nội dung này.
Complete these sentences with can / can’t, could / couldn’t or be able lớn (correct form). Sometimes it is possible to use more than one modal verb
1) Tom……………drive but he hasn’t got a car.
2) I can’t understand Martin. I’ve never……………….understand him.
3) He had hurt his leg, so he……………..walk very well.
4) She wasn’t at home when I phoned, but I……………..contact her at the office.
5) I looked very carefully and I……………see a figure in the distance.
6) I used to…………..stand on my head but I can’t vày it now.
7) They didn’t have any tomatoes in the first shop I went to, but I……………get some in the next shop.
8) My grandmother loved music. She……………..play the piano very well.
9) Ask Ann about your problem. She should…………….help you.
10) The boy fell into the river but fortunately we……………..rescue him.
Read a situation and write a sentence with must have or couldn’t have (done). Use the words in brackets
1) That dress you bought is very good quality. (It must / be / very expensive)
2) I haven’t seen Jim for ages. (He must / go away)
3) I wonder where my umbrella is. (You must / leave it on the rain)
4) Don passed the examination. He didn’t study very much on it. (The exam couldn’t / be / very difficult)
5) She knew everything about our plans. (She must / listen / khổng lồ our conversation)
6) Dennis did the opposite of what I asked him lớn do. (He couldn’t / understand / what I said)
7) When I woke up this morning, the light was on. (I must / forget / to turn it off)
8) I don’t understand how the accident happened. (The driver couldn’t / see / the red light)
9) The phone rang but I didn’t hear it. (I must / be / asleep)
10) She passed me in the street without speaking. (She couldn’t / see / me)
Read the situation and decide what you want to say. Use modal verbs
1) You have khổng lồ carry some heavy boxes upstairs. Ask someone lớn help you.
2 You want your friend khổng lồ show you how to change the film in your camera. What bởi you say to him/her?
3) You’re on a train. The woman next khổng lồ you has finished reading her newspaper. Now you want khổng lồ have a look at it. What vì you say?
4) You need a match khổng lồ light your cigarette. You haven’t got any but the man sitting next to lớn you has some. What vì chưng you ask him?
5) There is a concert on tonight and you are going with some friends. You think Tom would enjoy it too. Invite him.
6) You’re in the post office. You want three stamps for Japan. What vì you say?
7) You’re sitting in a crowded bus. There is an ola lady standing. Offer her your seat.
8) You’re in a oto with a friend, who is driving. He is going to to park the car but there is a NO PARKING sign. You see the sign & say…
9) A friend has just come to lớn see you in your flat. Offer him something lớn drink.
10) You are at the interview. You want to smoke a cigarette. What vị you ask?
Complete these sentences with must (not) or (not) have to (correct form)
1) You really…………work harder if you want to pass that examination.
2) Many children in Britain……………wear uniform when they go lớn school.
3) Last night Don suddenly became ill. We………….call the doctor.
4) I can stay in bed tomorrow morning because I…………….work.
5) What ever you do, you……………touch that switch. It’s very dangerous.
6) Ann has…………..wear glasses since she was eight years old.
7) I’m afraid I can’t come tomorrow. I…………..work late.
8) I’m sorry I couldn’t come yeaterday. I……………..work late.
9) You…………….forget what I told you. It’s very important.
10) Tom may…………..go away next week.
11) We couldn’t repair the car ourselves. We……………take it to the garage.
12) She………….get up so early. She gets up early because she prefers to.
13) We…………..leave yet. We’ve got plenty of time.
14) When you come khổng lồ London again, you……………come và see us.
15) I don’t want anyone khổng lồ know. You………….tell anyone what I said.
Choose the correct answer
1) Which sentence is correct?
A. We should khổng lồ leave soon.
B. We should leaving soon.
C. We should leave soon.
2) We………….visit Tom when we are in London.
A. Didn’t ought B. Ought C. Should
3) Which question is correct?
A. We should call the police?
B. Should we gọi the police?
C. Vì chưng we should điện thoại tư vấn the police?
4) Which sentence is correct?
A. We ought have a các buổi party to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
B. We ought to lớn have a các buổi party to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
C. We should to lớn have a tiệc ngọt to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
5) You…………..ride a motorbike without a helmet.
A. Shouldn’t B. Ought C. Ought not
6) Which question is correct?
A. Ought we to tell Jane the news?
B. Ought we tell Jane the news?
C. We ought khổng lồ tell Jane the news?
7) Which sentence is NOT correct?
A. Nick may have missed the train.
B. Nick must have missed the train.
C. Nick ought have missed the train.
8) Which sentence is NOT correct?
A. I may have left the size at home.
B. He can’t have got lost.
C. Joseph must have forget about the party.
9) We……………not have bought enough biscuits for everyone.
A. May B. Should C. Must
10) Which sentence means “Maybe John went khổng lồ the shop”?
A. John might not have gone to lớn the shop.
B. John may have gone to the shop.
C. John must have gone khổng lồ the shop.
Read the situations and write a sentence with should (not), should / shouldn’t have
1) Tom has just been offered a job. You think it would be good idea for him khổng lồ accept it.
2) It’s very cold. Mr. Taylor, who has been ill recently, is walking along the road without a coat.
3) We went for a walk. While we were talking, we got hungry but we hadn’t brought anything with us khổng lồ eat.
4) You think it would be a good idea for all motorists to wear seat-belts.
5) I went to Paris. Marcel lives in Paris but I didn’t go to see him while I was there. When I saw him later, he said…
6) The notice says that the shop is mở cửa every day from 8:30. It is now 9 o’clock but the cửa hàng isn’t open.
7) The driver in front stopped suddenly without warning & I drove into the back of his car. It wasn’t my fault.
8) You don’t think it would be a good idea for Jill và Sam to get married.
Xem thêm: Lũy Thừa Của Một Số Hữu Tỉ Là Gì? Công Thức Lũy Thừa Với Số Mũ Tự Nhiên, Tích Và Thương Của Hai Lũy Thừa Cùng Cơ Số
9) Your friend has a bad cold. Tell him that you think it would be a good idea for him lớn stay at home this evening.